John Lennon once said: “When I was five-years-old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” The sentiment in this statement is so incredibly powerful and true.
Too many people measure how successful they are by how much money they make or the people that they associate with. In my opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are.
To help you find the happiness you deserve, here’s a compilation of a list of few great quotes on the subject.
10. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “Rules for Happiness: Something to do, Someone to love, Something to hope for.” – Immanuel Kant
8. “Being happy isn’t having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it’s about stringing together all the little things.” – Ann Brashares
7. “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.” – Thucydides
6. “You must give everything to make your life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination.” – Roman Payne
5. “Happiness is a risk. If you’re not a little scared, then you’re not doing it right.” – Sarah Addison Allen
4. “Dream without fear, love without limits, and let your life sing its song.” – Dilip Bathija
3. “True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
2. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
1. “True happiness… is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”– Helen Keller